Q: What is MOVEit® 2019.1?
MOVEit 2019.1 is the combination of the latest improvements to MOVEit Transfer and MOVEit Automation including new features that make implementations easier to use, provide more flexible security options and make scaling to cloud services like Microsoft Azure simpler. The result is a more usable managed file transfer that makes onboarding, scaling and integration easier than ever before.
Q: When is MOVEit 2019.1 available?
MOVEit 2019.1 will be generally available on July 18, 2019.
Q: What is New in MOVEit 2019?
New features of MOVEit 2019 include:
- MOVEit Transfer Optional Azure Native Encryption – Allows users the option of turning off MOVEit native encryption for Azure Blob storage. As Azure Blob data and traffic is automatically encrypted, this can prevent performance-sapping double-encryption and significantly accelerate file transfers without any reduction in security.
- MOVEit Automation Multiple Server Support – A new drop-down menu now allows users to manage multiple automation servers from a single interface without having to login to each server individually in separate sessions. This will save time and make administration more efficient.
- MOVEit Automation Permission Configuration – A new simple interface for defining resource groups allows users to view and manage user group access to resource groups. This supports any Windows or domain (AD) user group name and simplifies user and group management.
- MOVEit Mulesoft Connector - supports the integration of managed file transfer capabilities with any application supported by Mulesoft’s iPaaS solution. Learn more
- Dynamic Links in MOVEit Transfer Live View - one-click access to detailed file transfer information making it easier than ever to see the specifics of transfer jobs, their status, the initiating users and more.
- Granular Secure Folder Sharing Permissions - limit the folder sharing rights that a sharer can grant. This lets users tailor the viewing, uploading, downloading and modification rights of each folder according to the needs of the sharee granted access. Learn More or
- Improved MOVEit Client Usability - upload entire folders and subfolders, multi-select files and folders for download or deletion, inline renaming, and view folder sharing permissions. This makes the MOVEit Client more like typical file management tools and gives users more control over the files they’re managing.
- Secure Password Reset - optionally reset administration and user passwords by answering pre-specified security questions.
- Improved Microsoft Azure Support - native Azure Blob support for storage requirements. MOVEit Automation also now supports the Azure SQL Database and is itself available in Microsoft’s Azure Marketplace, all of which makes it easier for users to quickly deploy in the Azure cloud.
- Simple Task & System Log Access - download and view the most recent 5 task logs and view the system log from the Web Admin interface for easier analysis, troubleshooting and debugging. See a or a
Q: What is MOVEit Cloud?
MOVEit Cloud is Ipswitch’s Software as a Service (SaaS) implementation of MOVEit. It is a fully managed cloud-based service that allows MOVEit customers to meet their file transfer requirements without the need to acquire, configure, operate and maintain MOVEit and the servers that it runs on.
Q: What new options are available?
MOVEit Managed File Transfer software is now available in two types of Software as a Service (SaaS) Cloud offerings:
- MOVEit Cloud – A hosted environment with computing resources shared by multiple different customers. This is the MOVEit Transfer SaaS offering that has been available for several years.
- MOVEit Cloud Dedicated – A hosted environment with computing resources dedicated to each customer. This is a new offering supporting both MOVEit Transfer and MOVEit Automation.
Q: What is different about MOVEit Cloud Dedicated?
MOVEit Cloud Dedicated provides a number of key advantages over the existing MOVEit Cloud solution:
- Maximum performance – all hardware and software resources are dedicated solely to one subscriber to ensure complete availability of maximum speed and capacity.
- MOVEit Automation support – MOVEit Automation is only available as a SaaS solution via MOVEit Cloud Dedicated.
- File-by-file AV or DLP – users can manage their own Anti-Virus or Data Loss Prevention tools to monitor the files that are being transferred. Because of the shared environment this feature is not available on MOVEit Cloud.
Note that MOVEit Cloud Dedicated also provides all the advantages of MOVEit Cloud including flexible subscription pricing, provided management, maintenance and upgrades and active-active disaster recovery (DR).
Q: What does MOVEit Cloud Dedicated cost?
MOVEit Cloud Dedicated provides cloud resources solely for one customer and therefore is priced on an individual basis depending upon the specific customer requirements and the costs of hosting a Microsoft Azure data center. Please contact MOVEit sales for a price quote.
Q: When is MOVEit Cloud Dedicated available?
MOVEit Cloud Dedicated is available now and can be purchased by contacting MOVEit Sales.
Q: What is the new Secure Folder Sharing capability?
MOVEit administrators can now provide internal and external users access to an easy, drag-and-drop collaboration capability with all of the security and compliance assurances built into the organizations existing MOVEit implementation. A simple user interface is provided to manage permissions for any folder user. This gives MOVEit customers a simple, secure and price-competitive way to reduce the potential for unauthorized disclosure of sensitive data that is inherent in ‘shadow IT’ implementations of cloud-based file sharing systems, EFSS systems or email.
Q: Can I use the Secure Folder Sharing with an older version of MOVEit?
The MOVEit Secure Folder Sharing requires MOVEit 2018 or later to function.
Q: How is Secure Folder Sharing priced?
MOVEit Secure Folder Sharing is available as an add-on for MOVEit Transfer. There is a single flat charge for an unlimited number of users. Comparable enterprise-class sharing solutions charge on a per-user basis and do not include the security features of MOVEit. To learn more Contact Sales.
Q: How does Secure Folder Sharing compare to Enterprise File Sync and Share (EFSS) solutions?
MOVEit Secure Folder Sharing provides superior security capabilities to EFSS per the chart below:
|Easy to use
|Tells who folder is shared with
|Unlimited internal and external users
|On-premises or cloud deployments
|All the security features of MOVEit
|Syncs secure files to insecure devices
Q: What is the new MOVEit Client?
Customers can now download a free desktop client with a dynamic user interface. This simple workflow, zero training required tool makes it easy to transfer files by dragging and dropping them. Supported on both Windows and MacOS platforms and built using the MOVEit REST API, this new client lets anyone initiate secure MOVEit transfers without any training or expertise required. The MOVEit Client can be downloaded directly from within MOVEit Transfer or you can download it here.
Q: Can I use the MOVEit Client with an older version of MOVEit?
The MOVEit Client requires MOVEit 2018 or later to function.
Q: What is MOVEit Transfer Live View?
Now users can view a live dashboard showing in-progress and recently completed file transfer activities in real time. This makes it easier for administrators or NOC staff to see transfer status at a glance. Click on any transfer for more details to identify and resolve issues more quickly.
Q: What is the MOVEit Automation Dashboard?
Administrators can now display a dashboard showing recent activities and critical system metrics in order to easily view actionable data and keep their automated tasks running smoothly.
Q: What is Sign On Acceptance?
To ensure compliance administrators can now require all users to agree with a customizable policy when signing on. This agreement is indicated via a checkbox and all user agreements to all policies are maintained in an auditable log.
Q: Can I migrate from a previous version of MOVEit to MOVEit 2019.1?
Yes, Ipswitch will support upgrades from MOVEit version 8.3 and forward. Customers with current maintenance agreements will be able to upgrade for free by downloading the software from the Ipswitch Community.
Q: Can I get technical assistance to upgrade to MOVEit 2019.1?
Yes, technical services are available in many countries to assist you with your upgrade. Learn More.
Q: Will I need to be on an active service agreement in order to upgrade to MOVEit 2019.1?
Yes, only customers on active service agreements are able to upgrade to MOVEit 2019.1. Customers without an active support agreement should contact your sales representative or your local reseller about reinstating their support agreement.
Q: Who is eligible to be upgraded to MOVEit 2019.1?
All users with an active support contract will be given upgrade access to MOVEit 2019.1.
Q: How do I evaluate MOVEit 2019.1?
To evaluate MOVEit, you can initiate a free trial from the MOVEit product page.
Q: As a customer, how do I download the latest version?
Customers with an active support agreement can download MOVEit 2019.1 via the “My Products” link at the Ipswitch Community. New customers can participate in a free trial or request a quote directly from our sales team.
Q: What if my service contract has expired and I want to upgrade to MOVEit 2019.1?
One of the great benefits of having a current support agreement is access to the latest software features. To learn more about your options for renewing your agreement please contact your sales representative or your local reseller.
Q: Where can I get more information about MOVEit?
To learn more about MOVEit, visit the MOVEit web page.