Q: What is MOVEit® 2020?
MOVEit 2020 is the combination of the latest improvements to MOVEit Transfer and MOVEit Automation that literally puts control over your file transfers at your fingertips with a new, free mobile app as well as enhanced cloud, integration and performance capabilities. The result is a faster and more usable managed file transfer solution that makes mobile use, scaling and integration easier than ever before.
Q: When is MOVEit 2020 available?
MOVEit 2020 will be generally available on May 28, 2020.
Q: What is New in MOVEit 2020?
New features of MOVEit 2020 include:
- MFT Control at Your Fingertips with a New MOVEit Mobile App - The free MOVEit Mobile 2.0 app makes it simple to upload, download and manage secure file transfers with your mobile device while enjoying advanced features like Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and Secure Folder Sharing. MOVEit Mobile is available now for iOS and Android. See a Demo or Learn More.
- Package Classification the Way You Want It - The new Ad Hoc Classification field lets you enforce a customizable security classification in any language on any package. See a Demo
- Faster MOVEit Automation Dashboards - Dashboard performance has been improved by up to 300x in order to eliminate potential timeouts and improve responsiveness.
- Simplified FTP Parsing - An improved FTP parsing library greatly reduces any need for user-defined custom parsing and accurately displays content from a wide range of hosts.
- More Flexible SSH Cipher Configurations - More granular control over SSH ciphers will let you select the order in which ciphers are used as well as apply different settings for each host. See a Demo
- Native Microsoft Azure Blob Storage Support - MOVEit Transfer and MOVEit Automation now natively support Azure Blob storage. This makes it easier for users to implement in the Microsoft Azure environment and provides effectively unlimited storage scalability for their hybrid cloud architectures. See a Demo
- More Integration Options - MOVEit Transfer users now have more options for integrating MOVEit with their systems via APIs with added support for Ad Hoc secure packages and folder sharing.
- Improved File Uploading & Downloading - A redesigned file uploading engine for MOVEit Transfer improves the user experience while enabling a number of security improvements. As well, users can now easily download multiple files directly to a ZIP archive with full logging and file integrity checking support.
As well, both products include a number of new security improvements and customer-requested updates. Specific details on all improvements in this version can be found in the MOVEit Transfer and MOVEit Automation release notes at docs.ipswitch.com.
Q: What is MOVEit Mobile?
MOVEit Mobile is a new, free and completely redesigned mobile application for MOVEit Transfer. It replaces the existing MOVEit Transfer Mobile v1.4. Boasting an updated interface, support for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and Secure Folder Sharing, MOVEit Mobile is available for free for both Android and iOS devices. MOVEit Mobile can be used seamlessly with both MOVEit Transfer and MOVEit Cloud to extend secure managed file transfer capabilities to any mobile device while maintaining a regulatory compliance with a tamper-evident audit trail. MOVEit Mobile lets you:
- Upload and download files
- Upload videos and pictures
- Send secure mail and attachments
- Perform file and folder editing tasks
- Share folders with other users
MOVEit Mobile is available now for iOS and Android. See a Demo or Learn More.
Q: Why should I migrate from MOVEit Transfer Mobile v1.4 to MOVEit Mobile?
MOVEit Mobile is not only a better, more usable and more feature-filled mobile app, it also comes free with MOVEit Transfer. It does not require a separate server component and is much easier to deploy and support. Its improved interface makes creating and managing folders much easier and it is now seamlessly supports MOVEit Cloud. MOVEit Mobile also supports Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and Secure Folder Sharing. MOVEit Mobile is available now for iOS and Android.
Q: What versions of MOVEit Transfer support MOVEit Mobile?
MOVEit Mobile is compatible with MOVEit Transfer v2019.2 and later.
Q: Can I migrate from a previous version of MOVEit to MOVEit 2020?
Yes, Progress will support upgrades from MOVEit Transfer version 8.3 and forward. Customers with current maintenance agreements will be able to upgrade for free by downloading the software from the Progress Community.
Q: Can I get technical assistance to upgrade to MOVEit 2020?
Yes, technical services are available in many countries to assist you with your upgrade. Learn More.
Q: Will I need to be on an active service agreement in order to upgrade to MOVEit 2020?
Yes, only customers on active service agreements are able to upgrade to MOVEit 2020. Customers without an active support agreement should contact your sales representative or your local reseller about reinstating their support agreement.
Q: Who is eligible to be upgraded to MOVEit 2020?
All users with an active support contract will be given upgrade access to MOVEit 2020.
Q: How do I evaluate MOVEit 2020?
To evaluate MOVEit, you can initiate a free trial from the MOVEit product page.
Q: As a customer, how do I download the latest version?
Customers with an active support agreement can download MOVEit 2020 via the “My Products” link at the Progress Community. New customers can participate in a free trial or request a quote directly from our sales team.
Q: What if my service contract has expired and I want to upgrade to MOVEit 2020?
One of the great benefits of having a current support agreement is access to the latest software features. To learn more about your options for renewing your agreement please contact your sales representative or your local reseller.
Q: Where can I get more information about MOVEit?
To learn more about MOVEit, visit the MOVEit web page.