IT teams that rely on a tangle of legacy scripts and manual processes to accomplish file transfer workflows are less agile, and more error prone and likely to expose sensitive data in a security breach.
Faster, More Accurate File Transfer Processes Without Scripting
Managed file transfer (MFT) depends on intelligent, managed file transfer automation to accomplish business goals while satisfying compliance requirements. Why is the centralized management of file transfer automation so important? IT teams that rely on a tangle of legacy scripts and manual processes to accomplish file transfer workflows are less agile, and more error prone and likely to expose sensitive data in a security breach. It is best practice to automate file transfers to:
- Eliminate repetitive manual processes
- Intelligently route content based on surface or deep metadata in the files
- Process files to prepare them for the next step in a flow
- Integrate with other systems to bind transfer events directly to the back office
That's why a capable MFT system needs to support automation options that include:
- Basic file-handling operations like renaming, padding/trimming, and metadata augmentation
- Archive/package handling operations like zip/unzip, encrypt/decrypt
- Integrity checking operations like validation of structured documents, translation or transformation
- Data clearing operations like Anti-Virus and Data-Loss-Preventions workflows
- Standards-based integration options that allow for custom interactions between MFT and other systems driven by code or scripts
- Basic Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) operations that allow content to be loaded into a data-base for further processing
Ipswitch's MOVEit Automation provides a simple but powerful user interface for defining business workflows that anyone on your IT team can use. With MOVEit Central you can automate tasks like pushing and pulling files to/from any FTP server based on events or schedule, manipulating/transforming file content, managing files for transfer, storage or deletion.