Prolific product innovations are the result of doubling research and development investments and the acquisition of technology and expertise
Lexington, Mass. – February 17, 2010 – Ipswitch, Inc.’s network management division, developer of the WhatsUp Gold suite of innovative network management solutions, today announced that increased demand for powerful network management solutions ignited a record year of growth and profitability for the company in 2009. Ipswitch, Inc.’s network management division is poised to deliver more product innovations in 2010 as a result of a doubling in research and development investments and the acquisition of technology and expertise over the previous 12 months.
Ipswitch, Inc. set many records during the year, including adding thousands of new WhatsUp Gold customers and thousands of new customers of the company’s popular WhatsUp Gold plug-ins, including WhatsConnected, WhatsConfigured, VOIP Monitor, Flow Monitor and Flow Publisher. The company has also begun adding 30 new key positions, including several new product managers and engineers at the forefront of storage, the cloud and virtualization.
“We achieved many milestones in 2009 and we celebrated those successes, and now we are moving on to 2010 with great confidence for another successful year,” said Ennio Carboni, president, Ipswitch, Inc.’s network management division. “For nearly 20 years, Ipswitch has developed easy-to-use solutions for an SMB market inundated with complexity. Our success in 2009 has re-energized our commitment to delivering the highest possible level of product usability, and as a privately owned organization, free from the constraints placed on publicly traded companies, we will continue to stand out as a unique company offering a premier level of innovation, usability and fair value pricing to our customers,” Carboni said.
In January, Ipswitch, Inc. announced it had acquired Dorian Software Creations, Inc., the leader in providing complete, easy-to-use solutions for Windows Security Event Management (SEM) and Log Management for small businesses and enterprise-level organizations, opening up yet another product offering for its customers. Earlier in 2009, Ipswitch acquired the technology to release its WhatsConnected layer2/3 network mapping and discovery plug-in.
Throughout 2009, WhatsUp Gold increasingly expanded its customer base by consistenly delivering innovative product solutions. The company’s flexible licensing model and convenient plug-in modules continue to meet the needs of a vast array of organizations across all vertical industries, including financial, healthcare, government and education.
- Ipswitch Network Management Division:
- Achieved record profit and revenue
- Doubled R&D budget
- Added 30 key management and engineering positions
- Record number of new WhatsUp Gold customers
- Selected as a Cisco Smart Business Architecture Partner
- Acquired the technology to introduce WhatsConnected automated discovery and mapping
- Based on technology acquired, released WhatsUp Gold WhatsConfigured, an automated configuration and change management solution
- Added Windows Security Event Management (SEM) and Log Management for small businesses and enterprise-level organizations through the acquisition of Dorian Software Creations
- Increased Salt Lake City, Utah research office
- Opened research office in San Francisco, California
- Introduced 15 new product releases, including two version 1.0 products in Flow Publisher and WhatsConfigured
- Added VMware support with the release of WhatsConnected 1.5
- Released WhatsUp Gold Flow Publisher, a unique, traffic monitoring and analysis solution that extends flow-based analysis to every segment of the network
- Released mobile computing
Looking into 2010
- Anticipate at least 25 product releases in 2010, including a major release in the first quarter
- Strong new human capital in federal
About WhatsUp Gold - Know Your Network
Ipswitch™, Inc.’s network management division, the developer of the WhatsUp Gold suite of innovative network management solutions, manages thousands of networks worldwide. Built on a scalable architecture offering automated network discoveryand network mapping, real-time network monitoring (including SNMP monitoring and WMI monitoring), and versatile alerting, notification, and reporting functionality, WhatsUp Gold provides intelligent and easy to use, extensive network management that goes beyond simple device availability and delivers comprehensive troubleshooting. Recently, Ipswitch, Inc. acquired Dorian Software Creations, Inc., the leader in providing complete, easy-to-use solutions for Windows Security Event Management (SEM) and Log Management for small businesses and enterprise-level organizations.
WhatsUp Gold scales from the small business to the large enterprise, and its functionality extends with additional plug-in modules: WhatsUp Gold WhatsConnected™ for Layer 2/Layer 3 discovery, mapping and visualization; WhatsUp Gold Flow Monitor and WhatsUp Gold Flow Publisher for network bandwidth utilization monitoring; WhatsUp Gold WhatsConfigured for automated Network Configuration and Change Management; and WhatsUp Gold VoIP Monitor for precise measurement of a converged network’s ability to provide the quality of service (QoS) necessary for VoIP. To learn more about WhatsUp Gold, download a free trial or to make a purchase visit: www.ipswitch.com/forms/free-trials/whatsup-gold