New release brings to bear expanded flexible security options and makes user and server management simpler
Bedford, Mass.—July 24, 2019—Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS), the leading provider of application development and digital experience technologies, today announced the availability of Ipswitch® MOVEit® 2019.1, the secure managed file transfer (MFT) solution used by thousands to provide complete visibility and control over file transfer activities.
According to Gartner, “In 2017, in order to address integration and API requirements, organizations spent approximately $12 billion on integration technologies. These included application integration suites, data integration tools, integration platform as a service (iPaaS), B2B gateway software, managed file transfer, message- oriented middleware, and API management platforms.”
This clearly indicates that MFT has been and will continue to be an important technology for business to get work done, especially as the volume and variety of data and the ways in which businesses tap this information continues to expand.
“We consider MOVEit one of the top technologies in its industry. No one can beat it on quality and breadth and depth of capabilities,” said Chris Payne, Managing Director, Advanced Cyber Solutions. “With this new release, Progress is adding to the strong legacy built by Ipswitch and it’s good to see that development and innovation isn’t slowing while the two companies come together. We very much look forward to seeing how else Progress adds to this already strong product portfolio.”
With the release of MOVEit 2019.1, Progress is reinforcing and expanding its investment in MFT by adding significant capabilities such as:
Ipswitch® MOVEit® Transfer solution:
- Optional Azure Native Encryption – Allows users the option of turning off MOVEit native encryption for Azure Blob storage. As Azure Blob data and traffic is automatically encrypted, this can prevent performance-sapping double-encryption and significantly accelerate file transfers without any reduction in security.
- API & Plugin Updates – This includes updates to JAVA OpenJDK 11, MySQL 8.0.16, Windows Server 2019, full 64-bit support and additional REST APIs. These updates provide support for customer’s current servers, databases and related systems.
Ipswitch® MOVEit® Automation solution:
- Multiple Server Support – A new drop-down menu allows users to manage multiple automation servers from a single interface without having to log in to each server individually in separate sessions. This will save time and make administration more efficient.
- Permission Configuration – A new simple interface for defining resource groups allows users to view and manage user group access to resource groups. This supports any Windows or domain (AD) user group name and simplifies user and group management.
- Plugin Updates – This includes updates to MySQL 8.0.16 and Windows Server 2019.
“Managed File Transfer is an extremely important technology for any business investing in IoT and digital transformation,” said John Ainsworth, SVP, Core Products, Progress. “Our customers need a strong, reliable technology that they can trust, which is why they selected MOVEit. Now part of Progress, our goal is to keep driving this technology forward with the support, engineering and innovation that comes with a company of our size and scope.”
Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) offers the leading platform for developing and deploying strategic business applications. We enable customers and partners to deliver modern, high-impact digital experiences with a fraction of the effort, time and cost. Progress offers powerful tools for easily building adaptive user experiences across any type of device or touchpoint, award-winning machine learning that enables cognitive capabilities to be a part of any application, the flexibility of a serverless cloud to deploy modern apps, business rules, web content management, plus leading data connectivity technology. Over 1,700 independent software vendors, 100,000 enterprise customers, and two million developers rely on Progress to power their applications. Learn about Progress at www.progress.com or +1-800-477-6473.
Progress, MoveIt, and Ipswitch are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the US and other countries. Any other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Gartner, “How to Justify Strategic Investments in Integration Technology,” 9 May 2019, Massimo Pezzini, Mark O’Neill