Acquisition Strengthens IT Management Suite with Powerful Web Performance Testing and End-User Monitoring Capabilities
LEXINGTON, Mass. ─ April 24, 2012 ─ Ipswitch Inc.’s Network Management Division, developer of the WhatsUp Gold suite of innovative IT management software, today announced that it has acquired iOpus Software, a leading provider of Web application performance testing and monitoring solutions from the cloud. The addition of the iOpus AlertFox and iMacros capabilities will empower application owners and IT staff customers to more effectively track and ensure optimal Web application performance, creating a better end-user experience. With this acquisition, Ipswitch’s market leading and affordable IT Management solutions will now extend to every layer of web infrastructure from the cloud to the end-user.
The acquisition of iOpus Software enables Ipswitch’s Network Management Division to deliver a complete, end-to-end package of cost-effective monitoring and management tools to its growing customer base. iOpus’ iMacros and AlertFox End-User Monitoring – Global Edition will provide Ipswitch’s customers with the most advanced technology for Web application performance monitoring, including the ability to test, monitor and verify Rich Internet Applications (RIA), and streaming media from an end-user’s perspective. These monitoring capabilities enable organizations of all sizes to ensure business continuity and resolve Web service problems before end-users are impacted.
“The Internet is the backbone of today’s business world, and our customers can now ensure that their Web presence performs flawlessly,” said Ennio Carboni, president, Ipswitch's Network Management Division. “iOpus Software’s technology innovation, enthusiastic customer base, and dedication to customer service are a great fit with our business. Through this acquisition, we are flipping the market for affordable IT monitoring and management on its head – offering enterprise level capabilities at affordable price points.”
“From a business and technology perspective, our goal has always been to provide our customers with the most innovative, and easy-to-use product,” said Mathias Roth, CEO and co-founder of iOpus Software. “Our ability to test and monitor all Web 2.0 technologies, including Ajax, Flash ® and Silverlight®, using Firefox®, Internet Explorer® and Chrome® browsers, in a unique and meaningful way delivers on that promise. We are excited to join forces with a market leader like Ipswitch Whatsup Gold® and provide greater innovation and value to our customers.”
To hear more about the acquisition, please watch this brief video.
- A comprehensive end-user experience and Web application monitoring solution- with just a push of a button, a true browser-based recorder captures all the steps involved in a Web transaction, so you can periodically exercise and monitor any business-dependent transactions
- Introduced in 2009, AlertFox has over 5,000 customers and administers more than 20 million measurements per month
- Monitors real-time business-critical metrics such as response time, transaction success/failure/time outs, applet errors, or missing, misplaced or incorrect images
- Supports performance monitoring and error detection for Rich Internet Applications (RIA) including Silverlight®, Flash® and AJAX technologies
- Detect different user experiences and geographical response time discrepancies by monitoring your applications from different cloud locations and browsers
- Oversees any Web application, from business-critical applications like Salesforce to customer-facing e-commerce, banking, entertainment or travel applications
- Available as a month-to-month subscription service with no long-term financial commitment
- A comprehensive Web scraping, and data mining tool that is extremely easy to use and can record and automate most web transactions
- Introduced in 2001, iMacros was the first tool specifically designed and optimized for automating tasks inside a web browser. Today, the growing iMacros family of web browser add-ons has an active user community of more than 300,000 members
- iMacros scripting capabilities include macro editing and recording (including encrypted macros) and support for a variety of scripting languages for Internet Explorer®, FireFox®, and Chrome® - iMacros lets you record internal to the actual browser capturing real browser experience
- Comprehensive support for Rich Internet Application (RIA) including support for Flash®, Silverlight®, Java®, and Flex®
- iMacros also offers support for image validation, including image search and recognition
About the Network Management Division of Ipswitch, Inc.
The Network Management Division of Ipswitch, Inc. is the developer of the WhatsUp Gold suite of innovative IT management software. WhatsUp Gold is deployed on over 150,000 networks worldwide and delivers comprehensive network, system, application and event log monitoring and management solutions for small and medium businesses and enterprises. The award winning solution supports a wide range of IT management tasks including automated discovery, mapping, real-time monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting and reporting.
Founded in 1991 and currently celebrating its 20th anniversary, Ipswitch, Inc. is headquartered in Lexington, Massachusetts, and has offices in Atlanta and Augusta, Georgia, Madison, Wisconsin, Livonia, Michigan, as well as its European headquarters in Amsterdam, The Netherlands and Asia Pacific headquarters in Tokyo, Japan. Ipswitch sells its products through distributors, resellers and OEMs worldwide.
To learn more about WhatsUp Gold, please visit: