New Analytics Product Helps Ensure Secure, Reliable and Auditable File Transfers Between Employees, Customers and Trading Partners
LEXINGTON, Mass. – June 4, 2015 – Ipswitch announced the release of Ipswitch Analytics, a new reporting and monitoring solution for MOVEit™ Secure Managed File Transfer, that ensures reliable, cost-effective and auditable file transfers. With Ipswitch Analytics, IT teams gain deep insight into business critical file transfers through an innovative analytics engine that includes an interactive activity monitor, automated report creation and distribution, and fine-grained access control. "MOVEit products have power and agility that allows us to manage, schedule and monitor a very large volume of critical file transfers from an intuitive central console," said Scott Oakes, Systems Administrator at LendingTools.com. "Ipswitch Analytics looks like it'll extend that flexible visibility for us by automatically generating and distributing a consolidated report of file transfer activity to our operations and support staff. It will help streamline management and troubleshooting of file transfers and enable our staff to improve support of their customers. I anticipate it'll also improve file transfer trend analytics too." Ipswitch Analytics accesses and consolidates data from all MOVEit File Transfer (DMZ) and MOVEit Central servers. Authorized users are able to monitor MOVEit activity in popular web browsers from any device. Ipswitch Analytics also simplifies the audit process by managing workflow, transfer, security and audit activity in one centralized location. "Organizations are recognizing that moving files is not a technical, tactical problem, but a strategic capability – it provides the means to support collaboration between individuals, and integration between business processes," said Derek Brink, vice president and research fellow for Aberdeen Group. "For this reason, business users want not only fast and reliable transfers, but also full visibility into what's happening throughout the file movement process. This is why flexible monitoring and reporting capabilities – such as those provided by Ipswitch Analytics – should be considered important going forward for governance, security and compliance over file movements."
With Ipswitch Analytics, businesses can do the following
- Ensure reliable file transfers: Track MOVEit performance indicators such as successful transfers by end-point, peak load performance and total throughput trends.
- Automate reporting and distribution for Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and policy compliance:Customize reports, establish distribution lists with fine-grained access control and schedule auto-generated reports for delivery. Email alerts are sent to authorized users as reports are generated.
- Manage workflow, transfer, security and audit activity in one place: Maintain a single view of all MOVEit File Transfer (DMZ) and MOVEit Central Servers activity. Manage key parameters for all file transfer processes such as transfer status, user access, encryption and file formatting to make data-driven decisions.
- Simplify the audit process: Use out-of-the-box report templates or easily create custom reports. Drag-and-drop elements to organize presentation of key metrics to validate compliance with SLA, regulatory and corporate policies.
- Report Templates – Over 50 out-of-the-box templates to manage workflows, transfers, security and audits. Ease creation of reports by starting from pre-defined templates.
- Policy Management – Create policies to manage user access. Restrict user's ability to view data associated with defined organizations, servers or users.
- Browser-based UI – Ipswitch Analytics browser-based UI can be accessed by any authorized user from any device or desktop via popular web browsers. The Ipswitch Analytics HTML 5 interface allows dynamic update of data and offers a drag-and-drop user experience.
"Given that secure file transfers across the borderless enterprise are critical to business operations, there is an increasing need for real time insight, trend analysis and compliance reporting – especially when sensitive files are being transferred. We built Ipswitch Analytics to meet this need and customer demand," said Austin O'Malley, Chief Product Officer at Ipswitch. "Ipswitch Analytics enables IT teams and business managers to monitor and manage key transactions and develop more informed, data-driven strategies to gain control, ensure reliability and comply with data privacy regulations."
For more information about Ipswitch Analytics please visit: www.ipswitch.com/secure-information-and-file-transfer/ipswitch-analytics.
Ipswitch helps solve complex IT problems with simple solutions. The company's software has been installed on more than 150,000 networks spanning 168 countries to monitor networks, applications and servers, and securely transfer files between systems, business partners and customers. Ipswitch was founded in 1991 and is based in Lexington, Massachusetts with offices throughout the U.S., Europe, Asia and Latin America. For more information, visit www.ipswitch.com.