New Community Portal Launches for Network Professionals Worldwide
Lexington, Mass. – March 24, 2011 ─ Ipswitch Inc.’s Network Management Division, developer of the WhatsUp Gold suite of innovative IT management solutions, today announced the launch of its WUGspace online community portal. WUGspace is an IT community centred around meaningful and valuable technical content for network engineers, IT managers, architects and system administrators.
As the first port of call for network professionals, WUGspace will continually evolve with brand new content added daily designed to help and educate. In addition to a resource centre, technical white papers, tips and tricks, and WhatsUp Gold scripts, members will be able to leverage a revamped community forum so that customers can communicate directly to WhatsUp Gold’s product management and development teams as well as offer usage cases and recommendations to each other.
Community members can fully complete their WUGspace profile to network with peers and colleagues throughout the world and list their professional abilities, personal interests, associations, documents and reports, and even existing social media accounts.
“We developed WUGspace for the global network professional community,” said Ipswitch Network Management Division Community Manager, Jason Williams. “Through WUGspace they can ask questions, voice their opinion, share knowledge and find meaningful solutions to enable them to optimise their infrastructure. WUGspace also allows them to keep up with IT trends by seeing what their peers are doing, and benefit from shared scripts and best practice recommendations.”
Key areas of WUGspace
- Resource Centre – Featuring behind-the-scenes tips and tricks, how-tos from the WhatsUp Guru, network management best practices information and relevant industry news articles.
- Events Calendar – Community members can keep up-to-date with what's happening and see when the latest best practice webinars are scheduled to take place.
- WUGspace Programs − WUGspace members also benefit from exclusive access to contests, surveys, networking opportunities, exclusive technical product previews and testing opportunities.
- Forums – Customers can get prompt answers from Ipswitch Network Management Division and other peers to their questions and connect with other IT professionals and compare network monitoring strategies.
- Script Library – An extensive Script Library featuring how other WhatsUp Gold users have customised their network monitoring software.
- Product Ideas – A direct communications link to Ipswitch Network Management Division’s product management and research and development teams to enable users to submit suggested new features or enhancement. Members can even rate other members' ideas and add comment to them.
- Gold Club – A club for customer VIPs interested in shaping the WhatsUp Gold product roadmap by giving the product management team regular feedback on product line development.
About the Network Management Division of Ipswitch, Inc.
The Network Management Division of Ipswitch, Inc. is the developer of the WhatsUp Gold suite of innovative IT management software. WhatsUp Gold delivers comprehensive network, system, application and event log monitoring and management solutions for small and medium businesses and enterprises. Built on a modular, yet integrated architecture, the affordable and easy-to-use solutions scale with the size and complexity of any physical or virtual IT infrastructure. From a single console, WhatsUp Gold supports standard IT management tasks including automated discovery, mapping, real-time monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting and reporting. More than 100,000 networks worldwide use WhatsUp Gold solutions to assure the availability, health and security of their critical business infrastucture today.
WhatsUp Gold was named Network Management Product of 2010 by Network Computing Magazine and earned the Network Products Guide 2010 Product Innovation Award in Network Management. To learn more about WhatsUp Gold, or download a free trial, please visit: https://www.ipswitch.com/forms/free-trials/whatsup-gold/.