Free promotional download offers one installation, one application, one interface, and one easy way to simplify and reduce time spent on common network engineering tasks
Lexington, Mass. – June 29, 2010 – Ipswitch, Inc.’s Network Management Division, the developer of the WhatsUp Gold suite of innovative IT management software, today announced its WhatsUp Gold Engineer’s Toolkit is now available for free in booth 1751 at Cisco Live Las Vegas from June 28 to July 1 and online for a limited time at http://www.whatsupgold.com/PR/Toolkit. With its broad and robust functionality, the new WhatsUp Gold Engineer’s Toolkit helps monitor, diagnose and troubleshoot a vast majority of common network engineering tasks including the categories of: design and planning; discovery; diagnostics; DNS verification; remote control; and configuration and credentials management.
The WhatsUp Gold Engineer’s Toolkit features a single installation and user-friendly interface and is the only toolkit that addresses this broad range of categories from a single-credential library, allowing users to access any tool without having to re-enter credentials. The toolkit also has exportable, printable and sharable reporting results to simplify troubleshooting and share with upper management and to report on activities and status. The Engineer’s Toolkit is available now for free for a limited period at http://www.whatsupgold.com/PR/Toolkit.
"Network managers will be impressed with the Engineer’s Toolkit user-friendly interface and its ability to ease the burden of daily network and system administration tasks,” said Brian Gollaher, director of product management, Ipswitch, Inc., Network Management Division. “We will be doing hands-on demonstrations of the Engineer’s Toolkit in booth 1751 and we invite attendees to stop by to check it out and pick up a free copy."
WhatsUp Gold Engineer’s Toolkit Categories and Features
Design and Planning
- Properly design subnets to use existing address space more efficiently
- Stay informed on what devices are running on the network
- Quickly identify responding and non-responding addresses, and available ports
- Automatically gather IP address to MAC address information in the LAN
- Visualize real-time ping results for one node or multiple addresses or hostnames
- Rapidly discover device or network hop connectivity issues
- Generate test traffic on the WAN for capacity planning purposes
- Verify that corporate email servers have not been blacklisted
- Visualize performance across SNMP-enabled devices
- Quickly identify addresses with or without reverse DNS responses, or with forward DNS errors
- Verify the hierarchy of DNS resource records
- Remotely boot PC and servers
- Visualize any active session in any device in the network from a single console
- Configuration and Credentials
- Remotely configure NetFlow across Cisco devices from a central console
- Easily recover Cisco type 7 forgotten passwords
Pricing and Availability
The Engineer’s Toolkit, valued at $995 MSRP, is being offered for free for a limited time. Please visithttp://www.whatsupgold.com/PR/Toolkit for a free download, or visit booth 1751 at the Cisco Live Las Vegas show for more information.
About the Network Management Division of Ipswitch, Inc.
The Network Management Division of Ipswitch, Inc. is the developer of the WhatsUp Gold suite of innovative IT management software. WhatsUp Gold delivers comprehensive network, system, application and event log monitoring and management solutions for small and medium businesses and enterprises. Built on a modular, yet integrated architecture, the affordable and easy-to-use solutions scale with the size and complexity of any physical or virtual IT infrastructure. From a single console, WhatsUp Gold supports standard IT management tasks including automated discovery, mapping, real-time monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting and reporting. More than 100,000 networks worldwide use WhatsUp Gold solutions to assure the availability, health and security of their critical business infrastructure today.
Ipswitch, Inc.’s Network Management Division recently added to its product line complete, easy-to-use solutions for Windows Security Event Management (SEM) and Log Management for small businesses and enterprise-level organizations suite with the acquisition of Dorian Software Creations, Inc. WhatsUp Gold was named Network Management Product of 2010 by Network Computing Magazine and earned the Network Products Guide 2010 Product Innovation Award in Network Management. To learn more about WhatsUp Gold – the best value in IT Management software, download a free trial or to make a purchase, please visit: https://www.ipswitch.com/forms/free-trials/whatsup-gold/.