Industry Leading FTP Client Adds Windows 8 Compatibility; Enhances Security
December 4, 2012 – Lexington, MA - Ipswitch File Transfer, the trusted secure-file-transfer choice of business and personal users for over 20 years, announces the availability of WS_FTP Professional 12.4. Interoperable with any file transfer server and known for its high reliability and ease of secure data transfer, WS_FTP® Professional 12.4 is now Windows® 8 Compatible, including adherence to Windows Security Best Practices and support for 64-bit German and English versions of Windows, as well as additional security and performance enhancements.
Enhancements to WS_FTP Professional 12.4
- Windows 8 Compatible. In addition to supporting 32-bit and 64-bit English and German editions of Microsoft Windows 8, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows XP Professional, WS_FTP Professional 12.4 is also Windows 8 compatible. No other file transfer client offers the same ease of use, performance, functionality, and security.
- Enhanced PGP: Performance improvements for PGP signing, encryption and decryption.
- Increased SSL certificate flexibility: Ability to choose SSL certificate lengths of 1024-bit and 2048-bit.
- Updated Open SSL library: The OpenSSL DLLs have been updated to the latest version.
- New Cipher Algorithms: AES [128/192/256]-CTR cipher support is now available in addition to the block aes256-cbc cipher algorithm.
- Enhanced Security. To protect files before, during, and after transfer, security is provided through 256-bit AES encryption, FIPS 140-2 validated cryptography, and OpenPGP file encryption. File integrity checking by SHA-256 and SHA-512 to guarantee delivery and validate that transferred files have not been compromised.
"With millions of users worldwide, WS_FTP Professional has long been the leader in secure FTP. WS_FTP Professional 12.4 extends this leadership position with Windows 8 compatibility, the highest level of encryption and a superior range of features that enhance productivity and communication," said Rich Kennelly, President of Ipswitch's File Transfer Division. "This release represents Ipswitch's ongoing commitment to provide leading secure file transfer solutions to meet the breadth of our customers' needs."
About Ipswitch File Transfer
Ipswitch File Transfer provides solutions that move, govern and secure business information between employees, business partners and customers. Our proven solutions lead the industry in terms of ease of use, allowing companies of all sizes to take control of their sensitive and vital information and improve the speed of information flow. Ipswitch lets you govern data transfers and file sharing with confidence and enable compliance by balancing the need for end user simplicity with the visibility and control required by IT. Ipswitch File Transfer solutions deliver for thousands of organizations worldwide, including more than 90% of the Fortune 1000, as well as government agencies and millions of prosumers. Learn more at www.ipswitch.com/secure-information-and-file-transfer.