Ipswitch Failover Ensures Reliable Managed File Transfers and Safeguards to Protect Data and Meet Regulatory Compliance Mandates
LEXINGTON, Mass. – September 23, 2015 – Ipswitch today announced the release of Ipswitch Failover, a new MOVEit Managed File Transfer module that delivers zero data loss, no single point of failure and maximized availability through fast failover. Ipswitch Failover enables IT teams to provide highly available continuous file transfer operations and safeguard against data loss for regulatory and policy compliance with a simplified, easy to implement solution.
With Ipswitch Failover, businesses can:
- Ensure high availability, continuous file transfers for 24x7 operations: Maximize file transfer success of business critical and sensitive data. Failover within a single datacenter, or to remote disaster recovery sites within seconds or minutes. Predictive and automated rule-based failover ensures continuous operations.
- Safeguard against data loss for regulatory and policy compliance: Heartbeat communication between primary and failover servers allows for zero data loss in the event of failure. No single point of failure delivers 24x7 operations for MOVEit File Transfer (DMZ) and MOVEit Central servers.
- Quickly implement simplified, yet advanced failover: Implement failover in as little as an hour for local failover. No additional hardware and software for load balancing is required.
Key features of Ipswitch Failover
- Real-time replication of data to a ‘hot-standby’ failover server to ensure file transfer services are always available
- Failover rules monitor performance metrics on production servers and can perform switchover to a ‘hot-standby’ before downtime
- Automated failover with Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) of less than a minute and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) of seconds
- No single point of failure nor load balancing hardware or software required
- Automatically monitor MOVEit File Transfer Server (DMZ) and MOVEit Central application health in real-time to identify and fix problems before they result in downtime
- Site-to-site (or on-site) failover to keep businesses running 24x7
“As today’s businesses are faced with the growing demand for data movement and increased regulations, organizations need to ensure the safety of sensitive company data and reliable file transfers,” said Steve Staden, Director of Product Management at Ipswitch. “Ipswitch Failover provides IT teams with the necessary solution to guarantee zero data loss across an organization while also simplifying file transfer operations.”
For more information, please visit: Ipswitch Failover.
Ipswitch helps solve complex IT problems with simple solutions. The company's software has been installed on more than 150,000 networks spanning 168 countries to monitor networks, applications and servers, and securely transfer files between systems, business partners and customers. Ipswitch was founded in 1991 and is based in Lexington, Massachusetts with offices throughout the U.S., Europe, Asia and Latin America. For more information, visit www.ipswitch.com.