By default, the IMAP4 service logs on to the System Account. You can view and change IMAP4 settings by using the Services applet in the Control Panel.
To view and/or change settings for the IMAP4 service:
- In the Control Panel, double-click the Services applet.
- Select IMail IMAP4 Server and click Startup.
- (Optional) Select the desired Startup Type.
- Under Log On As, select the appropriate account:
- System Account. Select this if any one of your mail hosts uses the Windows NT database to register and authenticate users.
- Allow Service to Interact with Desktop. Select this to provide a desktop icon that can be used by whoever is logged in when the service is started. See your Windows documentation for more information.
- This Account. Select this only if none of your hosts uses the Windows NT database; then enter the name of the appropriate user account. Make sure the user is a Host Administrator.
Note: If one or more of your hosts is based on an external database, the Log On As account must be an account that has access to the external database.