Configuring the Finger Server
To configure the Finger server:
- In IMail Administrator, expand the Services folder in the left panel, and select the Finger service.
- The Finger tab appears in the right panel as shown below.
- Enter the options you want to use to configure the Finger server.
- Each option is described at the end of this procedure.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
- After making changes, stop the service, wait 5-10 seconds and restart the service. Any changes that you make are saved as soon as you click Stop/Start.
In the Log To box, select the way you want to log Finger events:
sysMMDD.TXT. This sends event information to a file of this name where mm is the month and dd is the day the log was written. This file is stored in the Spool directory.
- No Log. Select this to turn off the logging of events.
- App Log. This sends event information to the Windows Application Log (viewed with the Windows Event Viewer).
- Log Server. This sends event information to the Log Server file indicated on the Log Files tab.
Server Status. A status message to the left of Start/Stop shows the version number, and whether or not the service is running.
Start/Stop Service. This button toggles between Start and Stop depending on whether or not the service is running.