Ipswitch is committed to protecting your privacy. The following discloses our information collection and use practices for our Website.
INFORMATION IPSWITCH MAY COLLECT
We may collect and process the following data about you:
CONTACT AND/OR BILLING INFORMATION
We may ask for your contact or billing information when you place an order, download an evaluation, join a discussion list, subscribe to a newsletter, contact us for support (technical or customer), or request related services requiring submission of contact and/or billing information.
WEB VISIT INFORMATION
When you visit our website, our server logs your IP address, the time and duration of your visit, and the time and duration of the pages on our website that you view. Ipswitch uses “cookies” on its own behalf so that we can better serve you with tailored information when you return to our site. Cookies are identifiers that a web site can send to your browser to keep on your computer to facilitate your next visit to our site. It may do such things as store the fact that you utilized certain aspects of the site so that the next time you visit we recognize you have certain interests. You can, if you wish, set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it.
Ipswitch uses a third party vendor to help measure and analyze the effectiveness of its websites and how visitors use its websites. To do this, tracking techniques (e.g., cookies) are used to collect information, including the pages visited and navigation patterns, which help us learn how visitors use our sites, and what information is of the most interest to visitors to our website. Web-visit information may include the following:
- User Surveys: Your participation in surveys is optional, although we may require your participation as a condition to a trial use of our software. We use this information to help us improve our software, plan marketing initiatives, and develop new products that may interest you.
- Software Reporting: Some of our products may transmit system, device or other product usage related information back to us. Depending on the application, this information may be anonymous or it may be associated with you.
- Purchase: In addition to obtaining your name and other personal information, which may include your email address, postal address, and phone number, we may identify and log your browser type when you purchase our software online.
Customers of Ipswitch may electronically submit data or information to the Company’s services (“Customer Data”). Ipswitch will not review, share, distribute, or reference any such Customer Data except as provided in applicable Ipswitch product license agreements or service agreements; or as may be required by law. In accordance with such, Ipswitch may access Customer Data only for the purposes of providing the services, preventing or addressing service or technical problems, at a Customer’s request in connection with customer support matters, or as may be required by law.
WHAT MEASURES ARE IN PLACE TO PROTECT CUSTOMER INFORMATION?
Our order process is encrypted using an Extended Validation (EV) SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certificate. More information.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Download an evaluation: We ask for your e-mail address before downloading a free product evaluation. Your contact information may be forwarded to an authorized Ipswitch reseller in your area. Ipswitch may use the personal information you provide us for a variety of purposes, including support, authentication, marketing, and may share information for sales and marketing with our affiliates. We may also use your personal information to inform you of special offers, upgrades and other Ipswitch products and services that may be of interest to you. We may also provide you with materials concerning the products and/or services of other third parties we think may be of interest to you.
SHARING OF INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
If you provide personal information to Ipswitch, you agree and consent to Ipswitch’s storage and usage of this information anywhere that Ipswitch and its affiliates maintain offices (around the world), for a variety of purposes, including those described here. We will not disclose your personal information except as follows:
- To protect Ipswitch and others, we may release personal information and IP addresses when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce our software licenses and other rights, or to protect the rights and safety of others. This may include exchanging information with law enforcement agencies, or with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To persons who help us provide our products and services to you. Ipswitch stores the personal data of customers and web site visitors indefinitely and may maintain and process such information directly or indirectly in one or more databases in the United States or elsewhere. We may provide personal and other information to third parties who work for us, such as companies that verify credit card information, process credit card payments, fulfill orders, provide customer service, analyze customer data, remove repetitive information from customer lists, and provide marketing services. Any such company or third party is required to maintain the confidentiality of that information and is prohibited from using that information for any purpose other than as authorized by us.
- As part of a sale of our assets or a merger of our company. We may in the future sell all or part of our assets or be involved in a merger. It is customary for user information to be included with the transferred assets in these types of transactions.
- To the Bureau of Export Administration. We are required by law to furnish a report to the United States Bureau of Export Administration stating the names and addresses of all non-U.S. businesses or organizations (but not individual consumers) who purchase online or register any of our software that contains an encryption feature.
We may share non-personally identifiable aggregate statistical information about our users with third parties.
CERTAIN EXCEPTIONAL DISCLOSURES
Select the following to:
- Unsubscribe from WhatsUp Gold emails.
- Unsubscribe from File Transfer emails.
- Unsubscribe from Messaging emails.
If you opt out or unsubscribe, we may, in compliance with the United States CAN SPAM Act of 2003, run our suppression list (addresses not to be emailed) against another list of names for an Ipswitch mailing or provide our suppression list to a third party for such verification.
When you opt-out or unsubscribe, you are doing so from our marketing messages. We may continue to send you transactional messages relevant to our business relationship. Transactional messages include information on product updates and upgrades, Service Agreement and subscription expirations and renewals, responses to inquiries, surveys and other information related to the product you downloaded or purchased.
CAN I CHANGE/MODIFY MY CONTACT INFO?
To modify your contact information previously provided, please contact us via email at: email@example.com
Ipswitch does not embed advertising (adware) in any of our software, for two principal reasons. First, adware can be used to monitor your use of software (such as sites selected or files used) or to provide demographic data about you to third parties. Second, we consider it very important not to compromise the quality, speed, and ease of use of our software by displaying ads in it.
OTHER SITES OR THIRD PARTIES
The Website may make discussion boards, groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personally identifiable information.
This Website is not directed at persons under 18 years of age and our content and other services are not written, intended, or designed for persons under 18 years of age. We do not intend to collect any personally identifiable information from such individuals. Where appropriate, Ipswitch will specifically instruct children not to submit such information on the Website. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child should contact us at the mailing address or e-mail address listed at the bottom of this policy if he would like this information deleted from our records. We will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our existing files.
YOUR CONSENT TO THIS POLICY
Massachusetts law governs this Policy, excluding conflicts of law principles. Any provision of this Policy that is illegal or unenforceable shall be deemed automatically conformed to the minimum requirements of law. Any legal actions against us must be commenced in Massachusetts within one year after the claim arose, or be barred.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, please contact us:
83 Hartwell Avenue
Lexington, MA 02421