Ipswitch, Inc. Announces Worldwide Availability of Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional 2006
World’s Most Popular FTP Client Gains Enhanced Security Capabilities with Several Firsts in a File Transfer Client
Lexington, Massachusetts – June 13, 2005 – Ipswitch, Inc., the leading developer of messaging, network management and file transfer solutions for small to medium businesses (SMBs), today announced the worldwide availability of Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional 2006 in English, French and German. The world’s most popular FTP client, with over 40 million users, now delivers over two dozen new features, including additional security and protocol support as well as enhanced productivity, enabling users to securely manage any kind of digital information.
Because WS_FTP Professional 2006 is based on standards that are at the heart of the Internet, it is compatible with the widest range of applications and uses. The product is ideal for businesses and end users seeking maximum reliability and functionality when moving data among different computing platforms; IT managers in corporate, education and public-sector organizations who need data movement and management infrastructures that are standards-compliant and totally secure; and home office users transferring business data such as reports and databases between multiple parts of the business who must ensure the validity and security of this data. The product also enables application developers to create secure, data-movement-aware applications such as data collection applications and integrate them into workflow processes.
“WS_FTP Professional 2006 is the market leader and the most secure way to transfer data – bar none,” said Alex Neihaus, Ipswitch vice president of marketing. “Nothing, especially not email, subject as it is to size limitations, virus and spam blockers, can guarantee reliable data transfer like WS_FTP Professional 2006. With its new, marketing-leading Advanced Encryption Standard 256-bit ciphers, integrated OpenPGP public key/private key encryption, extensive protocol support, and superior customization options, WS_FTP Professional 2006 defines standards-based secure data management.”
Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional 2006 supports the widest range of uses, from ad hoc file transfers to critical data collections, easily and securely in the industry’s most approachable user interface. Specific new features include:
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) ciphers now use 256 bits in concert with OpenPGP and SSL over FTP transfers. In contrast to systems using only 128 bit or 192 bit cipher keys, Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional 2006 protects data at the maximum possible level of security, automatically and reliably.
- Email notification allows users to initiate simple workflows and share the knowledge about data movement with others in their organizations. This notification allows for limitless workflow and data management.
- Workspaces allow users to easily set up, use and retrieve views that comprise specific directories on multiple servers as well as locally. This unique capability means that complex folder and file structures can be hidden from the user, after a one-time setup, allowing for easier ongoing use.
- Compression mode allows users to automatically convert files to .ZIP archives before uploading. Users have a choice of compression level and the ability to preserve path names in the archive file and to password-protect the .ZIP files.
- HTTP and HTTPS transfers allow users to connect more easily to many external and remote data stores. This can ease network configuration and speed deployment of applications that rely upon the sending and receipt of data.
- Single-pane view allows users to simplify their interaction with the file transfer client, while enabling sophisticated file transfers.
- Site import wizard allows users to convert to Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional 2006 from many competitive FTP clients without losing the settings they have stored.
“Sharing large files securely and reliably over the Internet can be challenging, especially when you rely exclusively on email,” said Mark Levitt, vice president for collaborative computing at IDC, an industry research firm. “Ipswitch’s WS_FTP Professional 2006 is designed to make such transfers easy for all users.”Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional 2006 is available in English, French and German. This marks the first time Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional has been available in non-English languages at general availability and demonstrates the success of the product on a worldwide basis.
Pricing and Availability
WS_FTP Professional 2006 is available from Ipswitch’s web site at www.ipswitch.com as well as from Ipswitch’s worldwide partners, who can be found at www.ipswitch.com/partners. Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional 2006 in English, French and German is available directly from Ipswitch’s web site for $54.95 and for $89.95 including a one year Service Agreement. Customers may also purchase WS_FTP Professional via Ipswitch’s partners worldwide for $64.95 per license and for $94.95, including a one year Service Agreement.
About Ipswitch, Inc.
Ipswitch develops and markets software that works for small and medium businesses worldwide. More than 100 million people use Ipswitch software every day to collaborate via Ipswitch Collaboration Suite, monitor their networks with Ipswitch WhatsUp ®, and transfer files over the Internet using the market-leading Ipswitch WS_FTP ® Professional client and Ipswitch WS_FTP Server. To view the Ipswitch blog, visit http://blogs.ipswitch.com. Ipswitch values community involvement, visit http://icare.ipswitch.com to find out how to become involved. For product and sales information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.ipswitch.com.
WS_FTP and WhatsUp are registered trademarks of Ipswitch, Inc. All other product names are property of their respective owners.